Drummers become the “heartbeat” of a musical group. They feel the beat in music and express it back through their own hands and feet.
Many people think that children are not capable of properly playing the drum. This is actually already proven wrong by may young drum players today
Being an adult is not a requirement for you to be able to take drum lessons. As early as 5 years old you can already take drum lessons and learn a lot from it. Here are the top five benefits your child may learn in taking drum lesson at an early age.
1. Hand and Eye Coordination. Playing the drum does not mean having something to bang on to. Taking drum lessons will aim to develop in your children quick eye and hand coordination. Not only can he implement it in playing the drums, but also in sports, day to day activities, and other musical instrument. Reflexes of a child also develop just by playing the drums.
2. Musical Orientation. When your child takes drum lessons, the fundamentals of music will be taught to your child in the most basic and simplest way for them to understand even at a young age. Your children will be musically oriented as he grows, musicality will grow with in him. They will also learn how to appreciate music in many different ways that you as a parent may be proud of. A Child who grows in music is proven to be more active compared to other children.
3. Gaining Talent. Every parent wants his or her child to have talents even at a very young age. Playing the drums will be one of the best talents your child can have. A young drummer is a cool notation especially to other people and of course to your children. Your children having talent boost their self steam and give them confidence as they grow up.
4. Physical Benefit Your Child gets. Playing the drum is definitely good exercise for the body. When we look at drummers of a rock band or any drummer performing, we see him moving almost all his body parts as he plays, proving only that you exercise your muscles more than playing other instruments. If your children take drum lessons, they will definitely develop a great cardio muscular structure of their body as they grow up. Resulting to having a firm great body as they grow.
5. Bang and Rock On! The fifth benefit your child and also you may enjoy is looking at your child having fun and happy on playing the drums. There is nothing more important to parents than seeing their child having fun, gaining knowledge and develop skills at the same time. Kids will really have great fun playing the drums.
Taking your child to have drum lessons will be the best extra activity you may give them. Having all these benefits happen to your children will give you much pleasure and gratitude that your child is learning this instrument. Who knows maybe someday, your child may grow as the best drummer of all, or a great drummer of a rock band.